Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kids Cooking Thursday: Choc Mint Truffles

There's a friend in my Facebook feed who has a secret recipe for Choc Mint Balls. Every time she makes them my feed goes a flutter, with everyone talking about them, and making excuses to go visit her. I thought perhaps she made Cheesecake Truffles with Mint Slice biscuits instead of Oreos, but she told me she doesn't use cream cheese, she uses Sweetened Condensed Milk. That was all the information I needed to hit up Google. I came up with this site, where if you scroll down six recipes you'll find Aileen's Peppermint Xmas Roll. I don't know if this is the recipe my friend uses, but it sounded so good I had to give it a try. I messed around with it a little, to make it easier for KCT, so what follows is what we did.

As Good as Sai's (?) Choc Mint Balls
2 pk chocolate ripple biscuits
2 blocks peppermint chocolate (the flowing middle type)
can sweetened condensed milk
choc pareils

Blitz biscuits, chocolate and milk in a food processor to get coarse lumps. You may need to do this in two batches, unless your food processor is huge. Roll into balls and then coat with pareils or coconut and refrigerate on foil tray. That's it!

I started ours a few days before, and had trouble getting the pareils to stick because the biscuit crumbs had absorbed the sticky milk, so we coated ours in chocolate. (Hence the lateness of this post, sorry!) I had trouble restraining myself from eating the mix while it was sitting in the fridge waiting for us to roll into balls too. Like I said, I'm not sure if this is my friend's recipe, but it's soo good you won't care!


If you'd like to join in with Kids Cooking Thursday please leave a permalink to your own Kids Cooking Thursday post, as per the rules.

0 comments: