Saturday, June 5, 2010

Choo Choo Choo, Happy Birthday Master Two!

While technically he won't be two for another 4 hours, we had his birthday party this afternoon, and I'm really super proud of the cupcakes I made for birthday cake. I just couldn't wait any longer to share!

The cupcake base was Peanut Butter & Nutino Muffins from Mochachocolata-Rita. I used Nutino instead of Nutella, it's much the same, only a slightly richer flavour. I didn't fill them either, I figured the chocolates on top was enough extra flavour.

I iced them with vanilla icing tinted green, and drew train tracks in freehand with black writing icing.

The sweet vanilla went really well with the nutty cake.

In America, they make these trains using Tootsie Rolls for the engine and cabin, but I couldn't find those, so I used fun sized Bounty bars for the engine, and two Pineapple Lumps for the cabin.

A miniature Peanut Butter Cup cut in half made the cow catcher, and the smoke funnel was a Rolo turned upside down. The wheels were M&Ms, though Smarties would have worked just as well. Everything was "glued" together with melted chocolate, and left to set overnight before placing on the cupcakes.

Everyone commented on how cute they were - I may have been bragging a bit though! ;)

0 comments: