Sunday, May 2, 2010

Super Scrambled Egg Sangas FTW!

Just something I whipped up for lunch, as Miss Four has been asking for scrambled eggs on her sandwiches for the last two weeks straight. (I only let her have it once a week, to prevent bad habits and cholesterol problems later on in life - better than Nutella at least!)

Creamy Scrambled Eggs(serves 2)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp ranch dressing
2 Tbsp char-grilled capsicum strips
4 slices buttered bread

Place eggs (minus shells!) in a small saucepan, with the dressing and capsicum. Stir vigorously until eggs are somewhat combined. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until eggs are almost set. Remove from heat and serve between 2 slices of bread to make a sandwich.

2 comments:

Edana said...

Oooh, I've never had scrambled eggs in a sandwich before. I can't decide if it sounds good or not--well, try anything once, right? (Also, my medical student boyfriend is reading over my shoulder and wanted me to mention that while eggs do raise cholesterol, they mostly raise the good kind and the overall effect is positive--good news for Miss Four?)

http://edanacooks.blogspot.com

SilverMoon Dragon said...

I found it a natural progression from serving scrambled eggs on toast - it starting with toasted sandwiches, then I got lazy. Having the scrambled eggs in a sandwich also cuts down on the mess factor when feeding it to kids for lunches too.

Your boyfriend is making me think of the Simpson's Stonecutters episode... he doesn't wear an egg suit or sound like Lenny does he? ;)