Thursday, April 1, 2010

Agnolotti & Broccoli Bake

DP wasn't impressed with this, because he is not a fan of store bought filled pasta. He doesn't mind filled pasta, as long as I were to make it myself.

Yeah, I laughed too.

This is yet another way of making my favourite Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta. Note, there is no actual chicken in this. In fact, there was no meat at all, so vegetarian friendly!

Agnolotti & Broccoli Bake
1 jar Chicken Tonight Creamy Lemon Chicken sauce
630g pk Fresh Agnolotti with Ricotta, Spinach and Cracked Pepper
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1/3 cup crumbled feta
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella (or to taste)

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cook the pasta as directed on the packet, throwing in the broccoli for the last 3 of the 5 minutes cooking time. Drain pasta, and place into a large casserole dish. Add the corn, feta and sauce, and mix thoroughly. Top generously with mozzarella, and bake until golden brown.


Fresh from the oven

3 comments:

MuMmARat said...

That looks really yummy! I actually have a very easy recipe for home made pasta. It's what I use for my ravioli and it comes out pretty good...

He's right though, I grew up with home made filled pasta and all this time I've been buying the pre packaged stuff and it is so not the same.

Leah said...

Hi there :)

Just wanted to follow up on the kind comment you left me. I used a muffin pan as the mold for the meatloaf muffins, I ran out of loaf pans the last time I made a big batch for the freezer but had enough mix left to make 12 little loaves. I like your idea - I'm thinking maybe wrap the meatloaf muffin in some crescent dough or maybe try to figure out a way to stuff those Garlic Muffins I make with a bit of meatloaf? Let me know what you come up with :)

Jill said...

Here from NaBloPoMo...

Wow, that looks great! I'm starving and only have 20 minutes until lunch time...