Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We can build a new tomorrow, today...


Photo taken by Adelheide Photography via FasterLouder.com.au

Last night I managed to escape being a 'mum' for the night, and went off to see Placebo at Festival Hall, in Melbourne. It was the fifth time I've seen them live, and while I prefer seeing them in smaller, more intimate venues, like The Metro or The Palais, last night was one of the best shows I've seen.

It was hard to get good photos from where I was sitting, especially since the security guards kept telling people off for taking photos, but I got a couple of ok shots. For some great shots taken from the photography pit, have a look here for more photos like the one above.


The Setlist:

1. For What It's Worth
2. Ashtray Heart
3. Battle For The Sun
4. Soulmates
5. Speak In Tongues
6. Follow The Cops Back Home
7. Every You Every Me
8. Special Needs
9. Breathe Underwater
10. Julien
11. The Never-Ending Why
12. Come Undone
13. Devil In The Details
14. Meds
15. Song To Say Goodbye
16. Special K
17. The Bitter End
Encore:
18. Bright Lights
19. Trigger Happy
20. Infra-red
21. Taste In Men


Highlights definately had to be the old stuff, Every You, Every Me, Special K, and Taste in Men, as well as my new favourites from the recent album, Bright Lights and Breathe Underwater. Also great was Trigger Happy, which I hadn't heard before, but worked very well as a live song. If you have the chance to get tickets for any leg of the Battle For The Sun tour, I highly recommend it.

/fan girl ravings, back to food stuff now ;)

Don't forget to get messy with your young 'uns for Kids In The Kitchen, training our next generation of food bloggers! ;)

0 comments: