Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mac & Cheese



Yeah I cheated. It's just Coles brand packet mix. But I did stuff to it! I melted the butter in the pan first, and used that to sautee about 2 tsp of chopped garlic until barely golden brown. Then I added the milk and hot water, plus a Tbsp of cream cheese (the type in a jar for sandwiches, not Philly!) and a good squeeze of top quality mustard. (As top quality that comes in a squeezy tube at any rate).

I let it all cook as directed, completely forgot that when you cook three packs at once you need to cut back on the water, and added two beaten eggs, right at the end of cooking, after the pot was off the stove. Temper the eggs first with small amounts of the hot cheese sauce, or the eggs will scramble.

Was pretty tasty, as good as the brand name ones, but in a different way.

0 comments: