Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Blogoversary to Me!


It's been two years to the day since I started Dragon Musings. In that time, I've learned a lot of new things, made new friends and had lots of friends. I've gotten my children accustomed to having their dinner photographed before they can eat it, in fact, it appears to be an honour to have their serve being chosen as the one for the internet. And my kids and I have done lots and lots of cooking.

Cooking with my kids is my favourite type of cooking to do, even though it invariably takes longer, and makes more mess, than if I did it alone, and quite often I get abandoned in the middle of something so they can answer the siren's call of a favoured tv show's theme song. But it's a good way to give them skills that will come in real handy in about 10 years, and stops them from asking for the bland prepackaged rubbish you find in supermarkets (most of the time).

To celebrate my blogoversary, I'm hosting a blog event, sharing my favourite activity with you all. Kids in the Kitchen is open for anyone making a dish with their children. If you don't have children, borrow someone else's or just bake a dish that is easy enough for children to make. The deadline is Thursday 11th of March, with the round up posted the following Saturday.

The best part of any party, from a child's point of view, is the goody bag. So one lucky guest will receive this gorgeous mini cupcake pan.


It's about the height of a coffee mug

To enter, just cook up a storm with your (or someone else's) children, blog about it, and then send me an email to silvermoon[AT]tmbg[DOT]org containing:

• Your name
• Blog name
• A permalink to your entry
and
• A picture of your creation.

Using the button or banner is optional, but welcomed, but please do include a link to this post on your entry.

3 comments:

Conor @ HoldtheBeef said...

Happy blogoversary to you! Here's to many more foody years :)

Don't think I'll be able to contribute to the Kids in the Kitchen, but looking forward to seeing the results!

MuMmARat said...

I com missed this post!!!

Right going to get something cooking with the little rat.

Cherrie Pie said...

That's a great idea! My 3 yr old loves to cook and is always asking if she can help with dinner. I will definitly be joining.