Saturday, October 24, 2009

I used to believe that my eyes were brown because I ate too much chocolate. Thanks, Dad! - Christine

"My parents would say eat your vegetables, they're good for your motor. So...of course I believed I had a motor, so I'd take my Dad's keys and stick them in my bellybutton to start my motor instead of eating vegetables. I did this until one day my Dad said, if you stick keys in your bellybutton your rearend will fall off. That's when I started to eat my vegetables." - Sherry T.

Just one of the gems from I Used To Believe, the childhood beliefs site.

Don't forget to think (and cook!) pink for the Virtual Night In, raising money and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.

3 comments:

MuMmARat said...

It is very possible that my eyes are brown from eating too much chocolate :-)

Just wanted to let you know, the chicken and camembert turnovers were a hit. Even the little rat ate hers and took one for lunch today to kindy...I have 1 left in the fridge for me for lunch.

I have heaps of frozen mangoes stored in my freezer I'm thinking I might try mango in it and I'm also thinking a nice x'mas one might be cream cheese and cranberry...So simple can't believe I didn't think of it.

MuMmARat said...

Yes I love puff pastry, a favourite is parmesan cheese mini scrolls, oh and top n fill caramel or chocolate mini scrolls. The only problem is, in the Cairns humidity puff pastry goes from frozen to soggy in seconds so you have to work fast!

Just curious on what fillings you use for your sons rolls ? Just thinking that might also be a good idea for the lil rat for kindy lunches. I'd do it for her dad but he HATES defrosted bread unless it's toasted, hence why he has salad 'bowls' instead of salad 'rolls' bah men.

Bonnie said...

In response to your question about the pizza dough ... I actually just use plain Home Brand While flour in this pizza dough ... :) Happy Pizza Making !! ~ Bonnie ~

http://passthebeansplease.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-bread-maker-pizza-dough-recipe.html