Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Slow Cooker Roast Chicken, and Crash Hot Potatoes


It wasn't really this white - it's just glare from the flash, honest!

I didn't do anything at all for dinner tonight. Ok, maybe a little, but I could barely call it cooking. I cut five potatoes in half and placed them cut side down in my slow cooker. Then I opened a marinated chicken, and balanced it on top of the potatoes. Closed the lid and set on LOW for 10 hours. Oh yeah, I did chop up some more potatoes and some carrots, and microwave them on high for 10 minutes, then tossed them in oil with a few peeled cloves of garlic, and threw the lot in the oven at 200°C for about half an hour. I didn't even serve up - DP did (hence no nice plated dinner photo). I went and fed Master Three-Month-Old instead.

Everyone wanted the crispy oven roast potatoes, so I was left with ten beautifully chicken-y flavoured potatoes, that were admittedly kinda mushy. I made this with them:


I ate this whole plate myself - good thing I didn't end up getting dinner then!

I didn't get any roast because we're having Roast Chicken Calzones tomorrow and I was worried there wasn't enough leftover meat. But I ate all of these myself, since DP didn't want to eat any after chocolate - he'd been snacking on the big Toblerone the kids got him for father's day, during NCIS. These were great potatoes - not very crispy really, but I didn't use a brush with the oil, I just kinda flipped them over and rubbed them in the oil in the pan (leftover from roasting the dinner vegies) Still nice though.

Don't forget Kids Cooking Thursday gets interactive this week! I whipped up a little banner you can use if you like, and I'm in the process of making a little square button for sidebars too.

0 comments: