Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kids Cooking Thursday: Vanilla Bean Melting Moments





Just like bought ones!

A simple recipe for DP's favourite biscuit Melting Moments, was spotted in an ad for the vanilla brand, in a magazine. I don't particularly like Melting Moments myself, but I do like vanilla, and I love DP. And the recipe seemed easy enough to use for KCT.

These turned out just like bought ones: crumbly, kinda floury, not enough icing to biscuit ratio (despite my best attempts to fix that), and had that dry fresh-bread-and-peanut-butter kind of texture that glues your mouth shut. For a whole 45 seconds (which is longer than it sounds, really). So of course, DP loved them. The kids ate the first one, asked for seconds, ate the icing, then left a big crumbly mess. But I got lots of brownie points.

I think I'd rather have had brownies.


Miss Two forgetting biscuits go in your mouth, not around it


Master Four making a mess


Master Four's mess


Please spread the word, and remember, if you don't leave a comment, that's fine, but I have no way of knowing when you've left a link otherwise!



This is an entry for Eat to the Beat over at Elly Says Opa. I wanted very much to be a part of the first round of this, but couldn't think of anything. This time around, all I could come up with was 'Cookie Day' by Shonen Knife. I tried for some, better, more clever ideas, but that kept getting in the way. So I figured I'd better use it, so I have it out of the way for the next round ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny but I am surprised no one has used Shonen Knife or Cibo Matto especially. I feel like there are so many food songs of theirs. Thanks so much for participating. The vanilla melting moments look great!

Cakelaw said...

These biscuits look great, and I am glad that your family enjoyed them. Next time you can make brownies ;)