Monday, September 22, 2008

Crispy Chicken Bake




I made this in the morning, and left it for DP to put in the oven, while I went to a funeral. It's from the retro AWW menu planner book I have.

1 bbq chicken
3 sticks celery, sliced
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup grated tasty cheese
50g potato chips, lightly crushed

Remove chicken meat from bones, chop meat roughly. Combine chicken, celery, almonds, mayonnaise, cream, onion and lemon juice in a bowl, pour into shallow ovenproof dish. Combine cheese and potato chips, sprinkle over top. Bake in moderate oven 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.

I didn't get to taste this myself, but DP left a sticky note on the recipe for me: "minus almonds, cook without lid or for 30 -> 35 mins" After 35 minutes it still wasn't throughly cooked apparently, but that's because our oven doesn't cook well on the bottom shelf. I only used the lid to store it in the fridge - I would bake this uncovered myself.

0 comments: