Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lemon Garlic Chicken


Another recipe from a forum, this time from BellyBelly, a pregnancy and gentle parenting website I used to visit a lot when pg with Master Four. This was posted by Lucy.

Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken

4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1 tablespoon cornflour
Spray cooking oil
1 cup chicken stock
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 cup white wine

~ Wash chicken and dry on paper towels.
~ Combine oregano, salt and pepper & cornflour in a small bowl. Sprinkle on the chicken and rub it into the chicken breasts
~ Fry the chicken breasts until browned with the spray cooking oil.
~ Transfer the browned chicken to the crockpot.
~ Combine the stock, lemon juice, wine, garlic and add to the crock pot.
~ Cover and cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours.
~ Remove chicken onto plates to serve
~ Add cream to the remaining liquid and stir well and heat in a small pan to serve over the chicken


This was a collaborative effort between DP and myself. I made the sauce mix, and he made the rub and browned the chicken. I served this with rice, as we didn't get out to do the shopping today, but it would have been nice with something green alongside, perhaps broccoli or baby pak choy, though I tend to lean towards my initial thought of green beans. I will be making this again, because I want to try adding the cream at the end - I didn't buy any last night because it wasn't in the ingredient list. I guess that serves me right for not reading the steps thoroughly. I liked it regardless, as did DP and Master Four, but Miss Two wasn't so sure. I think it was a little too sour for her tastes, so next time I'll make sure I have cream. Very moist and tender chicken.

I really, really, really love my slow cooker!

0 comments: