Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mojo Pork Wraps

Mojo Pork Wraps

I saw this on the 'What's for dinner?' thread on the forums at taste.com.au and though it would be nice to try. I couldn't be bothered with mashed spuds at the moment, what with wrestling Master Newborn to feed enough to put on weight instead of lose it, and waiting for real estate agents to let us know if we have a house to move into, plus I had tortillas left in the cupboard from the tortilla satay stack I never got around to making. So I thought with a bit of lettuce, some fried onion, and maybe a bit of tomato, this could make a nice light change. Probably more suited to summer than the middle of winter, but you know... *points* Look, 4 1/2 day old baby... I'm not feeling like cooking much!


Shown before folding - check out that gorgeous orange colour on the outside!


Here is the recipe as copied from the forum.

MOJO PORK
1 kg pork loin chops or chicken breasts
100ml freshly squeezed orange juice
50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
50ml freshly squeezed lime juice
50ml olive oil
8 – 10 cloves garlic
¼ cup fresh oregano
salt & pepper to taste

Combine the juices, oil, garlic and oregano in a blender or processor. Pulse the mixture until finely chopped, then season with salt & pepper.
Place meat into a large snap lock bag and pour over the marinade. Seal the bag and place into the fridge and marinate for at least 8 – 12 hours, preferably overnight.
Before cooking, remove the meat from the bag and pat dry with kitchen paper. Discard the marinade.
Pan fry the meat until there is no pink left in the middle. Delicious served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables of choice.


I used 5 loin chops, and everything else as stated, only I was lazy and couldn't be bothered getting the food processor out, so I chopped it by hand for that "rustic" feel.

I found the oregano and lime to be too strong for myself and DP, though the kids both liked it. I only marinated for a few hours, but that was well and truly long enough. Next time, if I were to try this again I'd use honey in place of the olive oil, or perhaps pineapple juice instead of lime.

0 comments: