Sunday, March 9, 2008

Broccoli and Bacon Pasta Bake


I actually made this two weeks ago, but froze both batches. Since we were off at a birthday party this afternoon, I thought today would be a good day to try it. Yes, Master Three had his first non-family birthday party invite, and although Miss Two and I came along, it was still a big step. At least I thought so. I don't think he thought it was that significant. *sniff* My babies are growing up so quickly! They both had a ball though. Was a bit hot for me, but a very nice party.

Anyway, the dinner was nice, the top layer a tad overcooked - don't listen to my DP, this cannot go in the oven still frozen, even if there is no meat that could harbour salmonella. It just doesn't thaw/heat quickly enough, even in a fanforced oven. Ah well, there's still one in the freezer, so I'll know for next time. Was still pretty tasty, and once again, I seemed to be the only one who minded the single failing (in this case, a crunchy top layer so dehydrated it could pass for uncooked pasta). Like I said, shouldn't happen when thawed properly. Miss Two even had seconds! Master Three didn't eat much (must have had too many m&m's!) so she polished off his as soon as he left the table!

0 comments: