Monday, February 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This week's meals, complete with links when applicable.

Monday Mini Meatloaves, mashed potatoes
Tuesday Chicken & vegetable pies
Wednesday Chow Mein
Thursday Chicken kebobs with rice
Friday Fish and Chips
Saturday Pasta with toasted Cheese & Chive bread
Sunday Ham, pineapple & cheese scrolls

We had the mini meatloaves tonight. I forgot to take a photo, but I must say I was unimpressed. DP doesn't like meatloaf, but I thought we'd give it a try anyway, since it was so different from his mother's recipe. Turns out, he just doesn't like meatloaf. But Miss Two and Master Three weren't all that enthused either. So many of the reviews lauded this recipe as a sneaky way to get the kids to eat their vegetables... I would have done better to serve carrot and zucchini in recognisable forms, as they are two of the favourite vegetables in the house. Aside from that, thesse were bland, and crusty/crunchy dry outside, while being rather too moist in the middle, falling apart at the drop of a hat. A pity I was trying to be smart and made a double batch, now we have a whole meal's worth in the freezer. Still, better than having to resort to toast in extreme circumstnces I guess. At least the mashed potatoes went down with no hassles.

0 comments: